Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best time to come to Schlitterbahn?
For the best experience, we suggest visiting on a weekday and arriving early. If you visit on a weekend, we suggest choosing Sunday. Saturday is the most popular day to visit Schlitterbahn. Weekends in May, late August and September are less popular than weekends in June, July and early August.
If I purchase a two-day pass, do I have to use it on consecutive days?
No, you may use the second day at a later date at the park where it was purchased. You must, however, use the pass prior to the end of the summer season during which it was bought. Two-day passes are not transferable or refundable and must be used by the same person for each visit.
Where can I get discounted tickets?
- Prepaid Retail Ticket Cards-Discounted admission tickets are available for purchase where gift cards are sold at various locations throughout Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska and Iowa. Save $3.00 off the All-Day General Admission gate price and $1.49 off the All-Day Child/Senior Admission gate price. You must buy ticket cards in advance at these locations to receive this discount. Prepaid ticket cards are available at participating retailers, including Price Chopper, HyVee, QuikTrip, Dillons, Cosentino's, Hen House, Sam’s Club and more.
- Online Admission Discounts-Discounted admissions are available for online purchases at schlitterbahn.com. Save $2.00 off General Admission and $1.00 off Child/Senior Admission.
- Online Deals & Packages-Save even more when you take advantage of one of our online special offers and packages. Add a Kansas City T-Bones baseball game to your visit with the Swing & Slide package. Receive discounts on souvenir refillable drink bottles and beach towels. Pre-purchase Special Event tickets and receive a great discount. Add Splash Cash to your discounted online admission to pay for food, beverages, lockers and merchandise. Prices vary.
- Military Discounts-Schlitterbahn supports members of the military by offering discounted admission tickets at many military installations throughout the region. These tickets provide the best season-long military discount and must be purchased at ITT or ITR offices at participating military installations. This discount is not available at the park entrance. Please visit our Military Discounts Page for a list of participating installations and contact them directly for prices. Those who do not have access to one of the participating installations may show their military ID at the park entrance to receive a $3.00 discount off General Admission and $1.50 off Child/Senior Admission.
- Group Discounts-Group rates are available for groups of 15 or more guests visiting on the same day. Groups of 40 or more may add a catered meal to their day. Advance reservation and payment required to be eligible for group rates.
Do I have to pay even if I don't get into the water?
Yes, with so many great water attractions at Schlitterbahn you won't want to stay out of the water! Besides our thrilling slides and chutes, there are relaxing pools, over a mile of interconnected rivers and a heated pool with a swim-up bar. Seniors who are simply along with the family may ask for the Senior Spectator rate at the Guest Relations counter. Those with a Senior Spectator admission are not permitted to enter the water.
Does the park accommodate guests with disabilities?
Yes, guests with disabilities may obtain information on park attractions or request assistance at the Guest Relations counter at the park entrance.
Can I bring a picnic to the park?
You are more than welcome to bring your own family picnic baskets and coolers inside the park. Schlitterbahn Kansas City Waterpark also offers a wide variety of fun foods and beverages throughout the park. If you do bring a picnic, please remember grilling, glass containers and alcohol are NOT permitted. All ice chests, coolers and picnic supplies are inspected upon entry. Bagged ice is available for purchase.
Is there shade?
Shaded seating is provided throughout the park. We urge everyone to protect their skin from the sun with sunscreen, hats, beach footwear, and lightweight shirts. You may bring these items with you or purchase them at one of our gift shops.
Do you have life jackets and tubes for kids?
We have a limited number of life jackets and children's tubes with bottoms for use by our guests at no charge. They're available at stations throughout the park. You may also bring your own life jackets.
Can I reserve a table?
Hundreds of picnic tables are available on a first-come, first-served basis throughout the park. We suggest arriving early to choose your picnic table.
What about toddlers?
Schlitterbahn Kansas City Waterpark has several water attractions especially for the little ones. The Kinderhaven area has a friendly frog, giant turtle, a shipwreck and choo-choo train with nine mini slides and a raindrop fountain. The Pirate Ship provides even more opportunities for kids to splash and slide.
What if there is bad weather on the day of my visit?
Schlitterbahn is open rain or shine. When lightning, thunder or other severe weather is in the area, attractions may be temporarily closed but the park remains open. Once the severe weather clears, guests are permitted back inside the water. Please review the weather forecast prior to entering the park. No rain checks or refunds.
Are there height requirements on the rides?
Schlitterbahn uses an attraction rating system for all rides and pools. Each attraction is coded to inform guests about the ride and the skills required. Requirements vary per attraction. View specific height and safety requirements on our Attractions page.
What do we do if our party gets separated?
Make sure the kids who are old enough to be on their own know when and where to check in periodically for sunscreen and drink breaks. Schlitterbahn does not page for lost persons. Children should be instructed in advance that if they do become separated, they should notify a Schlitterbahn employee. All separated parties will be taken to the nearest customer service location. TIP: write your phone number on your child's admission wristband so we can easily contact you if your party becomes separated.
Do you have changing facilities?
Changing areas are located inside the restrooms at the park entrance and next to Whitewater Grill in the center of the park. Please be sure to bring swim diapers for infants. Regular diapers are not permitted in any pool or attraction. Swim diapers are available at all gift shops.
Do you have a place for valuables?
The best choice is to leave them at home. Please don't bring them into the park or leave them exposed in your car. Lock money and keys in a locker instead of keeping them in pockets where they may fall out in the rides. Schlitterbahn is not responsible for items that are lost or stolen in the park or in the parking lots. Locker rentals are available.
Glasses will come off on some rides, so secure them with a neck strap. Neck straps are available at our gift shops. Neck straps may not be permitted on all rides.
What is Splash Cash?
Load your admission wristband with Splash Cash so you do not need to carry cash or cards while enjoying the park. Each guest is provided a waterproof wristband for park admission. Using cash, credit cards or debit cards, add any amount of money to your wristband in $5 increments and use it to pay for food, beverages, lockers and merchandise at most locations throughout the park. No need to carry cash or credit and debit cards. Splash Cash may be purchased at the admissions counter when you arrive. Unused amounts are refunded at the end of the day at the park entrance for those who purchase Splash Cash with cash. Unused amounts are automatically refunded to your account at the end of the day for those who purchase Splash Cash with credit cards and debit cards (may take 3-5 business days for your bank to post it on your account; 7-10 business days for debit cards).
Do you have a lost and found?
Visit the Guest Relations counter at the park entrance for assistance with lost items. You may also call us at 913.312.3110.