Updated January 1, 2020
For California Residents
This notice applies to information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household such as your real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers (“personal information”). Personal information does not include publicly-available information and certain other information that is regulated by other applicable laws.
Right to Know
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection of your personal information. Such information shall cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request. Upon our receipt of your verified request, we will provide you with the following:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you
- The categories of sources from which we have collected your personal information
- Our business or commercial purpose(s) for collecting or selling your personal information
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our disclosures and sales of your personal information. Such information shall cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request. Upon our receipt of your verified request, we will provide you with the following:
- The categories of personal information we have collected from you
- The categories of personal information we have sold about you and the categories of third parties to whom we sold such information, by category or categories of personal information for each category of third parties to whom the personal information was sold; and
- The categories of personal information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose
Right to Opt-Out
We do not sell your personal information now and have no plans to start, however, we are required to let you know that you have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information if we ever engage in such activity.
Right to Delete
You have the right at any time to request that we delete your personal information. However, in some cases we cannot delete all or some of your personal information as required or permitted by applicable laws.
Right to Non-Discrimination
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA, such as denying you products and services, charging you different rates or prices including use of discounts or penalties, or suggesting or providing a different service level to you. However, we may charge a different price or provide a different service level only if the price or difference is directly related to the value provided to you by your personal information.
We may offer you financial incentives such as programs, benefits, or other similar offerings, including payments to you as compensation, related to the collection, retention, or sale of your personal information. We also may offer price and services differences related to the collection, retention, or sale of your personal information.
To submit a request to exercise any of your rights provided in this notice, please email us at email@example.com, or submit your request by phone by calling us toll-free at 1-833-389-0086. We will evaluate the request and take action where required to do so.
Depending on the nature of your request, we may have to verify your identity before we take action on your request. We may do this by asking you to verify information that we have about you.
We endeavor to respond to your request as soon as we can. If we are not able to respond to your request within 45 days, we will let you know that we may require additional time (up to 90 total days).
You may also use an authorized agent to exercise your rights on your behalf. If you wish to use an authorized agent, we require that your authorized agent provides written proof to us that he or she is authorized to act on your behalf, and we may also require your authorized agent to verify his or her own identity. To appoint an authorized agent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that in most cases we are not able to respond to more than two “Right to Know” request from a consumer in any 12-month period.
Information We Collect
We have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers in the last twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers (such as names, addresses, images and likenesses, IP addresses, device identifiers, and license plate numbers)
- Commercial information (such as your Cedar Fair purchase history)
- Internet or other electronic network activity (such as your browser type, frequency and time and date of visits to our websites, operating system, the site from which you linked to us, the name of the website you chose to visit immediately after ours, information about other websites you have recently visited, and site activity)
- Geolocation data (such as your location in our parks to enable you to use our interactive maps, or your parking location to help you find a parking spot in our parking lots)
- Audio, visual, and similar information (such as your image and likeness)
Our sources for this information:
- We receive this information directly from you when you or a family member voluntarily provides it to us when purchasing tickets, passes, or visiting our parks, or communicating with us
- Some information is automatically collected when you visit our websites or use our mobile applications
- We receive some information from third parties such as third-party booking services
Our business purposes for collecting this information:
Collecting and using personal information is necessary to our business of operating amusements parks and related products and services, including our websites and mobile applications. We use this information to respond to your requests, provide our products and services to you, inform you about our company and events, and to send you advertisements. It also helps us to improve our business, our website and mobile application user experience, authenticate you, prevent and detect fraud and potential security issues, and to fulfill our legal and regulatory obligations.
Third parties we share this information with:
- Our trusted third party service providers and affiliates who provide a service to us or assist us with providing our products and services
- Our auditors, consultants, accountants, attorney and others providing advice to us
- Payment processors
- Hotels and other accommodation providers to communicate about your reservations
- Any other party where we have obtained your consent or authorization
CCPA CONSUMER RQUESTS REPORT
JANUARY 1, 2020 – JUNE 30, 2021
Number of Requests to Know: 8
Number of Requests to Delete: 6
Number of Requests to Opt-Out: 0
Total Number of Requests: 14
Mean # of Days to Response: 41
COVID-19 RELATED PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION
Cedar Fair has implemented health screening measures to help ensure safer visits and interactions at our parks, and to comply with current health guidelines, in connection with the COVID-19 pandemic. Our health screening efforts require us to collect certain additional Personal Information from guests and other third parties that enter our parks (collectively, “COVID-19 Personal Information”).
Please visit schlitterbahn.com/new-braunfels/legal/covid-19-privacy to view an additional notice of our collection of COVID-19 Personal Information. Note that you may exercise any CCPA rights you may have with respect to your COVID-19 Personal Information in accordance with the procedures set forth in this notice.