Schlitterbahn Reopening Protocols
We want you to have the Hottest, Coolest Time at Schlitterbahn Waterpark, so we developed an extensive coronavirus reopening plan – new processes and enhanced procedures throughout the park to help reduce the spread of germs. We’re all in this together and by working together you can safely and confidently enjoy the thrills, chills, and endless smiles that only Schlitterbahn Waterparks can deliver – The Hottest, Coolest Times in Texas!
This page provides you with essential information for what you will need to do before you arrive at Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels or Galveston, what you’ll see and experience when you arrive, and how to make the most of your visit—safely—when you get here.
What You Can Expect
Scheduling Your Visit
Face Coverings Required
Hand Washing and Sanitation
*Face coverings are required for entry into the park, in food and beverage lines, bars, merchandise locations and as you exit the park. Face coverings are also required while walking throughout the park or utilizing restroom facilities. For your safety, we ask that you REMOVE face coverings when experiencing water attractions or pools. Face coverings are not required while waiting in line for water attractions (please maintain social distance), nor for guests under the age of two-years-old.
Before You Leave Home
Schlitterbahn Waterparks will open with limited capacity in the park so you can maintain proper social distancing from other guests. To ensure that happens, you will need to reserve your visit date and arrival time online in advance. Reservations cannot be secured on-site. You must also provide information about the current health of family and friends coming with you to the park. Here are details about what to do, what to pack, and what you can expect.
You should be prepared to bring the following items with you to the park when we reopen:
- Your Season Pass, or your Mobile/Printed Day Ticket(s).
- Your Reservations Confirmation Ticket(s).
- A face covering for each guest. Face coverings will be available for purchase at the park.
When You Arrive
Our reopening plan calls for new arrival processes to prepare everyone for a safe and successful day at the park. Here’s what you will see and experience when you arrive at Schlitterbahn Waterparks:
- Find FREE PARKING, as always at Schlitterbahn.
- As soon as you exit your vehicle, go ahead and put on your face covering and keep it on while you enter the park. Stay safe! Guests who arrive prior to their reservation time may be asked to wait in their car to help control entry flow. We encourage guests to arrive at the time of their reservation and not prior to it.
- Find the Health Assessment Station located outside admission lines. You’ll pass through a thermal screening tent where your temperature will be read. If anyone in your party has a temperature of 100.4°F / 38°C or higher, you will be directed to return home and a team member will help reschedule your visit.
- At the gate, proceed through metal detection. Security personnel will sanitize their hands, wear gloves, and wipe down the tables during bag and cooler checks. Guests will be asked to remove contents as needed so security can inspect each bag and cooler without contact. No glass or alcohol, please.
- At our admissions booths, our team will scan your season pass or ticket, your reservations voucher and let the fun begin!
For everyone’s safety, all associates working in the park must complete a health assessment and temperature check each day before reporting to work as well. We’re all in this together!
When You’re In the Park
You’re here at the Hottest, Coolest Time in Texas! To help you enjoy your day, here’s what you’ll see and experience inside the park.
At this time, both Schlitterbahn New Braunfels and Schlitterbahn Galveston will be operating only selected attractions.
The coronavirus has created a new way of life for everyone, so you’ll see lots of reminders throughout the park to:
- Wash your hands every 20 minutes. (We have many washing and hand sanitizer stations all through the park.)
- Avoid touching your face.
- Wear your face covering in designated areas.
- Maintain 6’ social distance from other park guests and associates.
- Use contactless forms of payment, including credit cards, Apple Pay and Android Pay.
Everyone knows restrooms can be a source of germs, so we want you to know we are following strict guidelines to help you have a safe experience. We are:
- Sanitizing restrooms frequently.
- Deep cleaning restrooms at the end of each day.
- Monitoring traffic and limiting occupancy within restrooms to allow for social distancing.
- Face coverings are required in restroom facilities.
Because we’re all in this together, please make sure to wash your hands after using the restroom.
Rides and Attractions
To maintain social distancing and avoid the spread of germs, here’s what you’ll see and experience at our rides and attractions:
- Some areas, rides and attractions are not conducive for social distancing and are closed for now.
- Wait lines for open rides and attractions will be marked for social distancing.
We know delicious, fun food is a special part of the Schlitterbahn experience and we’ve got you covered. Here’s what you’ll see and experience when enjoying our scrumptious food and beverages:
- Some tables have been removed for social distancing.
- Distancing is marked on the floor for wait lines.
- All disposable products, including pre-wrapped utensils and condiments.
- Plastic barriers between guests and associates.
- Contactless payments, including credit card, ApplePay, and Android Pay are encouraged.
Merchandise & Gift Shops
- Social distancing must be maintained at all of our gift shops and cart locations.
- It’s very important to continue wearing your face covering in these locations.
- Contactless payment is encouraged where possible.
Re-Entry to the Park
- You are welcome to leave the waterpark and return the same day of your visit.
- You will be able to bypass the health screening and temperature check, but you will be required to go through security screening and metal detectors each time you enter.
- Be sure to obtain a stamp or wristband to indicate you’ll be returning.