Water Park Information and Guidelines
Be Safe. Have Fun.
We look forward to your visit to Schlitterbahn! Our goal is for you to have a safe and enjoyable visit. This page will provide you with relevant information to make the most of your day at Schlitterbahn.
If you have any additional questions regarding your visit to Schlitterbahn, we would love to help! Please contact a park representative.
We look forward to seeing you at Schlitterbahn!
To participate in water park attractions, appropriate swimwear is required. Here are some recommendations to help you plan your visit:
- Appropriate swimwear is required. Thongs and transparent clothing are not permitted. We reserve the right to determine the appropriateness of swimwear.
- Guests wearing bathing attire with metal buttons, rivets, zippers, or snaps will not be permitted to ride or participate on Rohr, Faust und Furious, Guada Loopy and Loopy Luge, Bahnzai Pipeline, Dragon Blaster, Tiki Tikes Kids Pool, Infinity Racers, Screaming Serpents, and Massiv Monster Blaster.
- Footwear is not permitted on Rohr, Faust und Furious, Guada Loopy and Loopy Luge, Dragon Blaster, Bahnzai Pipeline, Massiv Monser Blaster, and Screaming Serpents.
- Guests requiring special accommodations should speak to a member of the Aquatics management team. Specifically designed attire made out of lycra or nylon type materials will be considered. Due to attraction manufacturer requirements, some riding restrictions may apply.
- All guests who require a diaper are required to wear a swim diaper or a diaper specifically for aquatic use.
- If you do not have appropriate bathing attire, swimsuits and other aquatic gear can be purchased at the gift shops.
To ensure the safest experience for all guests during their visit, the following rules are in effect. We appreciate your cooperation in this regard.
- Attractions may have specific height, weight, and safety requirements. Please refer to the Safety Guide sign posted at each attraction to make an informed decision as to whether the attraction is right for you.
- Please refrain from running, horseplay, and other boisterous activities.
- Glassware and similar material with a tendency to shatter on impact are not permitted in Schlitterbahn.
- For safety reasons, diving is not permitted at any attraction.
- Schlitterbahn is a smoke free environment. Smoking is only permitted in designated smoking areas.
- Keep an eye on your young children. Children should not be left unattended at any time.
- Please secure all loose articles, including hats, glasses, and jewelry when riding. Cameras, cell phones and video recording devices may not be used on any slide or in any changing area or restroom.
- Water toys, whistles, and inflatable assists are not permitted.
- Masks and snorkels are not permitted on any water attraction.
- Hearing devices or any other electronic devices may be damaged by water. Please take the necessary steps to protect such items.
Our Aquatics staff is here to ensure that you have a safe and pleasant visit. First aid staff and water park supervisors are available throughout the area should you have any questions or need assistance. Please follow all lifeguard rules and instructions, but do not talk to or distract lifeguards while they are on duty.
In an effort to provide a safe and enjoyable water park experience for our guests, Schlitterbahn routinely utilizes training exercises to improve our lifeguards’ skills and vigilance. These exercises will occur during normal operating hours and may consist of the following: submersible water manikins, the use of video surveillance equipment, internal and external audits, active/inactive water rescues and/or first aid scenarios.
Schlitterbahn provides a full day of fun in the sun! To make the most of your day, be sure to drink plenty of water in order to avoid heat exhaustion. Drinking fountains are located near each restroom. Don’t forget to apply sunscreen frequently throughout the day. If you happen to forget your sunscreen, our gift shop locations have a variety of sunscreens available for purchase.
Life jackets are available for use throughout Schlitterbahn. Life jackets are complimentary and are available to any guest wishing to use one. Children, first-time swimmers, and weaker swimmers are encouraged to wear a life jacket. Life jackets are available for all guests needing special consideration. Some attractions require children below a specific height to wear a life jacket before participating in the attraction. Aquatics staff and lifeguards reserve the right to impose the use of life jackets as needed. Guests are permitted to wear their own life jacket; however, it must be Coast Guard certified.
Our First Aid facility is located at the top of the Main Entry rampway closest to the Surf Co. Gift Shop. If you need any assistance during your visit, do not hesitate to stop by the First Aid room, or notify the nearest lifeguard. Our team would be glad to assist.
Upon arriving, we recommend selecting a meeting place such as Guest Services, in the event you or your child becomes lost or separated from your party. In the unlikely event that your child becomes separated, please alert an associate or go to a Guest Services Station located near each entrance to the park.
If you happen to lose an item or leave an item behind while visiting, please drop by a Schlitterbahn Guest Services location during regular operating hours. After hours, vist our Lost & Found Page for more information.
Schlitterbahn is committed to providing all of our guests with an enjoyable visit. Guests with disabilities are encouraged to visit our Accessibility Page for detailed information on the requirements of each attraction, along with the programs that Schlitterbahn offers.
A water wheelchair is available for guests requiring additional assistance when at select rivers and pools. The water wheelchair may be used by multiple guests on the same day. During your visit, please speak to a member of our Aquatics management team to obtain access to the water wheelchair or the pool lifts and for further accessibility information.
For your convenience, lockers are located in the Castle Palapa between the Boogie Bahn and Surf Co. Gift Shop. Various locker sizes are available for all your personal belongings. Locker rentals are automated and can be paid using cash or credit cards. The lockers work with electronic pin codes and will allow unlimited access throughout the day. Schlitterbahn cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen items.
Relax and enjoy the privacy of your own cabana. A limited number of exclusive cabanas are available each day and often sell out. For more information and to reserve your cabana, visit our CaBahna Page.
Inner tubes are available free of charge and are located throughout the park. Rides and attractions that require a guest to ride in a tube will have the ride-specific tube at or near the attraction. River tubes are located at the entrance to and inside of the Torrent and Kristal Rivers. Whitewater River requires guests to enter the attraction in a tube that can be found at the other mentioned areas.