Acing Your Virtual Schlitterbahn Interview
We are working hard getting the parks ready for another summer of FUN and SUN in 2021. While we’re busy cleaning the midways, receiving shipments of stylish merchandise, and testing out brand new food items we know full well that we are still missing the most important part of our summer—YOU!
Our associates are the heartbeat of Schlitterbahn. They are the “cool” in the Hottest, Coolest Time in Texas and vital in making Schlitterbahn an iconic summertime destination. We’re looking for associates to join our team this summer and have the #BestSummerJobEver! We are currently interviewing candidates for various positions virtually or by phone. Check out bahnjobs.com for more info and to apply today.
We want you to join our incredible team! So, here are some tips and best practices straight from our hiring teams to help you ACE your virtual Schlitterbahn interview.
Qualities that make the BEST Schlitterbahn Associates:
We have so many different roles at Schlitterbahn, so even if you aren’t sure about talking to people all day, we have a job for that! Love the water? (Well of course we have a job for that 😊) At Schlitterbahn we are looking to hire people who are courteous as our guests are our priority! We can teach you just about everything you need to know!
General Interview Tips:
An interview is just a conversation where we can get to you know you and you can get to know us! Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
Tips Before the Interview:
- Don’t be nervous!
- Keep track of your appointment. Make sure you know exactly where to be at what time.
- Practice “interviewing” with a friend to increase your confidence.
Tips During the Interview:
- Just be yourself.
- Smile. Schlitterbahn is all about FUN!
- Don’t worry about the perfect answer. Think about how you would want to be treated as a guest and what you’d need to do to provide that experience.
- Have an open mind.
Virtual Interview Tips:
To ensure everyone’s safety we’re doing interviews virtually right now, but they’re just as important as in-person interviews, and mostly the same.
- Make sure you are in a well-lit area.
- Make sure that wherever you are is not too loud.
- Test your network connection prior to ensure that the connection is stable.
- Find a place with a neat, uncluttered background.
- Center yourself in the frame as much as possible.
- Put your computer/phone on a flat surface so it stays steady.
Hopefully, you feel prepared to let your personality shine over the phone or on camera. We are looking forward to a great 2021 season and want you to be a part of the team.
If you’re interested in working with us this season, and we sure hope you are you can go online here to apply: Schlitterbahn Jobs