When you plan your 2020 visit to New Braunfels for Wurstfest, remember that Schlitterbahn offers some of the cheapest and easiest Wurstfest Event Parking. Don't drive around looking for parking, get your car to 305 W. Austin St, New Braunfels and take a refreshing walk to the Gate 3 entrance. When it's time to go home, traffic will be a breeze since the lot is several blocks from the gates.
Or, stay at Schlitterbahn Resort! Stay at the closest accommodations to Wurstfest. Schlitterbahn Resort guests get complimentary shuttle service and more.
Do you like amazing food? Do you love to immerse yourself in the sites and sounds of a real German Festival without crossing the Atlantic? Join us in New Braunfels, Texas for a unique annual celebration rich in German culture and full of Texas fun! It's the best of times and it's the "wurst" of times! And it all happens at Wurstfest!
In 1961 a small one-day celebration of sausage created so much excitement that it grew into the 10 Day Wurstfest celebration that attracts celebrity musicians, and guests from all over the world. After 57 years Wurstfest continues to be fun for all ages.
The event takes place over 10 days from Friday to Sunday. First Friday - 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM | Saturdays - 11:00 AM - 12:00 Midnight | Sundays - 11:00 AM - 10:00 PM | Weekdays - Open at 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM M-W & 11:00 PM Th-F.
What You Should Know About Wurstfest
- Learn what you can and can't bring into Wurstfest.
- Food vendors at Wurstfest are primarily made up of local charities who use Wurstfest as a fundraiser.
- Be sure to get your drink tickets at kiosks throughout the festival.
- Learn the Chicken Dance.
- On Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday ADMISSION IS FREE.
- Wurstfest continues Rain or Shine.
- The best place to stay for Wurstfest is The Resort at Schlitterbahn New Braunfels.