Safety Procedures - The Resort at Schlitterbahn
We are excited to welcome you back to The Resort at Schlitterbahn. We appreciate you trusting us to make your stay both safe and comfortable.
The safety of our guests and associates has always been and will always be our top priority. We want you to have an AMAZING time at The Resort at Schlitterbahn and feel safe when visiting, so we developed an extensive coronavirus reopening plan – new processes and enhanced procedures throughout the resort to help reduce the spread of germs.
Guidelines for a Safe Visit
- Wash your hands frequently; avoid touching your face.
- Guests will be asked to wear face coverings inside restrooms, retail, food establishments, and other indoor areas. Face coverings will not be required to enter the park or while enjoying water attractions.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or use the inside of your elbow.
Monitor your health and be alert for any of the following symptoms that are not caused by a known chronic health condition:
- Fever (100.4°F / 38°C or higher)
- Difficulty breathing
- Unusual fatigue
- Cold or flu-like symptoms
- Repeated shaking/chills
- New loss of taste or smell
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
Additionally, you could be contagious if you have been in direct contact with a close relative, roommate or neighbor who has been diagnosed with the coronavirus or been told by a health care professional or employer you may have been exposed to the coronavirus.
- Be alert, read, and understand all informational and directional signage throughout the property.
- Stay up to date on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) at gov/coronavirus.
Keeping You Safe
- Guests age 2 years and older who are not fully vaccinated will be required to wear face coverings inside restrooms, retail, food establishments and other indoor areas. Face coverings will not be required to enter the park, outdoors or while enjoying water attractions.
- We have added additional hand sanitation stations throughout the property. Please use them frequently.
- Our already extensive cleaning processes have been enhanced in both rigor and frequency.
- We use hospital-grade disinfectants throughout the property.
- We have designated a sanitation specialist that is focused on procedures, cleaning, and inspections. Additional staff has been added to ensure high-touch surfaces are being sanitized with increased frequency.
- Housekeepers have been allotted additional time per room to ensure proper sanitation after guests depart.
Changes in Services
During your visit, many of our services and offerings may be reduced or modified to ensure the safety and well-being of our guests and associates.
- Schlitterbahn Waterpark will be open with reduced capacity during your stay.
- Early & Late Ride Times have been canceled.
- Stay and Play Resort package reservations will automatically receive a ticket. Resort guests with this package will be allowed to enter the park without a timed reservation, however, check-in at the front desk at the resort is required in order to secure your waterpark tickets prior to entering. You will be provided detailed instructions for visiting the park prior to your arrival date.
- Guests with a room-only reservation, Hill Country Getaway, are not guaranteed waterpark tickets and will be required to purchase an advanced reservation online. This includes any room only stays booked through third party travel websites such as Expedia, Booking.com or Groupon. On-site sales for waterpark reservations will not be available at check-in.
- Season Passholders with room only bookings are guaranteed entry into the park without a timed reservation, however check-in at the front desk at the resort is required in order to secure a resort wristband prior to entering. In addition, any guests in your party who are not passholders will need to purchase a waterpark ticket and reservation.
- Utilize cashless transactions whenever possible throughout the property.
- For guests staying multiple nights, we will provide housekeeping on the 3rd day after check-in by appointment only. Prior to the 3rd day, we will not enter your room unless specifically requested by you, or in an emergency situation. We are unable to enter your room or provide service while any guest is inside the room. If you need specific items, please dial ext. 2020 from your room telephone or 830-625-2351, and we will arrange to leave the items outside your door.
- Towels: Resort room towels are for in-room use only and are not permitted in pools or waterpark. Beach towels are available for purchase at the check-in gift shop.
- In-room amenities have been minimized. Items that have been removed for safety are Bibles, vanity kits, decorative pillows, irons, ironing boards, hairdryers, bars of soap, amenity trays, tissue box covers, wine glasses, and all plastic Tupperware & cookware.
- The office is open 24 hours. For after-hours assistance, please contact the resort office at ext. 2020 from your room phone or call (830) 625-2351.
- The guest laundry area is limited to one guest at a time. Please contact the office or front desk for access.
- It is not necessary to visit the office/front desk to check out.
- Guests may leave any time prior to the check-out time of 11 a.m. and keys may be left in the unit. Please follow the directions in your e-mail to finalize your check-out or call ext. 2020 from your room phone, or 830-625-2351 from any other phone if you need additional assistance.
As always, we remain committed to providing a safe environment for you and your family. We appreciate your cooperation to ensure every guest and associate can enjoy an environment that is both fun and safe.